2020 Skim in Quarantine West Coast - Digital Competition
Time & Location
About the Event
1st Place $500
2nd Place $50
3rd Place $25
4th Place $15
What is it?
This is our first online skimboard Competition! Because of Covid-19, so far all the skimboarding competitions have been canceled and that is a bummer! So what we are presenting is a way to stay safe, while having a bit of competitive fun!
Open Division Rules!
1. You must follow your own city guidlines on Covid-19 as we are not responsible for you breaking your shelter in place rules. We want this to be a fun and positive competition but please take Covid-19 seriously.
2. The contest will consist of a 6 week period with each round lasting 1 week. This allows for 64 competitors, each of which will compete head to head with another competitor.
Round one 64 competitors 32 heats, Round Two 32 competitors 16 heats, Round Three 16 competitors 8 heats, Round Four 8 competitors 4 heats, Round five 4 Competitors 2 heats, Round Six 2 competitors Final heat
3. Each Round will start on a Wednesday and the competitors will have until Saturday to submit a video of the best wave they caught during that week. Voting will take place Sunday - Tuesday
4. The clip must have no cuts between showing a local newspaper with a date and the wave during that rounds timeline to be valid.
5. Each Competitor can only submit one wave during that week.
6.The Final round competitors will submit three waves 1 must be frontside, 1 backside, and the third should be something creative.
7.The Videos will then be posted on our instagram story @thepremierskimboardleague and voted on for 24 hours. The competitor with the most votes wins their heat and continues to the next round.
8. If 64 competitors are not reached there will be a qualifying round and the field willl be narrowed down to 32 and prize money will be reduced to appropriate amount.
9. Rules may alter
- 2020 Skim In Quarantine$10+$0.25 Service fee$10+$0.25 Service fee0$0